Broken River Prize
The Broken River Prize is an annual poetry book contest from Platypus Press. Each year a different poet will judge the contest—2020’s judge is poet and teacher Kaveh Akbar.
Read the guidelines below and submit here.
- Runs between May 1st and July 31st, 2020.
- No submission fee.
- For books between 35–50 pages in length (inc. section breaks).
- Receive publication and $250/£200 prize money.
- Finalists and winner will be announced late 2020.
- Finalists will be considered for publication.
- The contest is open internationally.
- Please include a title page and acknowledgements section with your submission.
- The manuscript does not need to be double-spaced unless intended to be reproduced that way.
- You can include previously published poems; however, we would prefer that at least a third be unpublished.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know if a submission has been accepted elsewhere.
- All work should be attached in a single .docx or PDF file, and your email must include a third-person bio.
- Please do not submit manuscripts that contain images, artwork, and/or erasure or found poetry.
- The winner will receive ten (10) copies of the published book as well as the $250 prize money.
the broken river prize where are we going to send the manuscript? any email address or website
Hello, the email for submission was given in the post. Here is it again: [email protected].